What is the Newton Solar Challenge?
The Newton Solar Challenge is brought to you by Newton-based social impact company BarnRaise Energy. We provide Newton a choice of carefully selected high-quality regional solar companies, American-made solar panels and residential solar loan options to increase solar ownership in Newton. We are proud to have Newton’s The Village Bank as our financing partner.
- Saves Newton homeowners money on rising utility costs
- Makes it easy for Newton homeowners to own solar energy
- Supports the City of Newton’s goal of a 20% reduction in energy use city-wide by 2020
Request a Free Home Solar Evaluation
How do we do this?
- Preferred pricing for Newton residents with a choice of two high-quality solar installers and the leading American manufacturer of solar, SolarWorld.
- "Solar loan" financing solutions provided by our financing partner, The Village Bank to increase solar ownership in Newton.
- Strong community-level support in Newton by supporting organizations.
Who supports the Newton Solar Challenge?
We are a grassroots community initiative made up of Newton non-profit, for-profit, and community organizations. Our organizers and supporters include:
- BarnRaise Energy (Organizing Team) - Newton-based company with a “social-impact” mission of increasing solar adoption and ownership in our community
- The Village Bank (Financing Partner): Newton-based The Village Bank provides industry-leading "solar loans" to qualified Newton homeowners that participate in the Newton Solar Challenge
- We would like to thank local non-profit, community and for-profit organizations that have supported our efforts by hosting solar workshops, getting out the word to the community, and making it easier for Newton homeowners to go solar, including the Auburndale Community Library, the John H. Barry Boys and Girls Club, the Waban Library Center, The Village Bank, West Suburban YMCA, Waban Area Council, the Upper Falls Area Council, and many other supporters of this “community-powered” initiative.
- The Newton Solar Challenge has been a proud corporate sponsor of the Newton Free Library and its Spring Fling fundraiser.